Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Projections

I am really excited about adding projections to my sculptures and installations. I am hesitant because sometimes I have a tendency to put too much stuff into one piece. This process allows for me to really notice that less is better. I have two projection pieces that I really want to follow through on this quarter because I have been thinking about them for awhile. I also have been looking at Ann Hamilton's installations and here projections are do interrelated to the objects in her installations. Projection vs. Video. Stillness vs. movement. Beeswax, goldleaf, and the transfer were just delightful. I am trying also to add text... we shall see. The 16mm strip film was so fascinating because there was so much manipulation on that film, and the images were beautiful especially the one with the holes and it would be a beautiful projection.

No comments: